High Metabolism? Or Tape worm?

After careful evaluation, I have decided that I have a tape worm lurking somewhere in my digestive tract.  Okay, not really… but how else can I explain my starved state after 2 large bowls of pasta with mushroom cream sauce and a very generous helping of white cake?  I added the calories into my tracker… about 900 total calories in that one meal alone, and I feel as if I haven’t eaten in days.

I thought that maybe a quick cardio session would get things moving and move the food through my body, or at least make me nauseated, but nope.  A quick, 10 minute session turned into 40 minutes of tuck jumps, jump roping, and tons of burpees.  Ugh, burpees.  My arch-nemesis.  Even after all that though, I’m blogging to you very awake, and very, very hungry.

happy but hungry!

happy but hungry after a sweaty cardio session!

Juice of the Day: 4 granny smith apples, 1.5 inch ginger root, 1/2 lemon. Tastes just like lemonade!  You don’t have to add the ginger; I’m just obssessed with ginger and its anti-inflammatory awesomeness!  Works ten times better than Motrin for me!  You can also add 1/2 bunch kale or 1 cup spinach to add some protein/green goodness.

 

Don’t go for the processed foods!  I keep telling myself.  I already broke my 3 day vegan streak with that mushroom cream sauce, but at least it was homemade!  I was desperate to fill my stomach!  And that white cake… a.k.a the demon lurking in my kitchen.  I guess that’s the downside when you don’t live alone.

Other people’s food just hangs out in the kitchen and stares at you.  My household eats relatively healthy, but there always seems to be a box of Krispy Kremes or sugar cookies beckoning to me from their tempting spot on the counter, right next to the bananas.  There’s no escaping them!  Will power, will power, will power.  I usually try to shove an apple down my throat before my brain registers the processed goodness next to me.  That way, I can tell myself that I’m already full.  It works about 80% of the time.  The other 20% of the time, I rely on will power, which is not so easy.

This is my fitness calendar.  Some would say that a cupcake calendar is a terrible place for fitness.  I respectfully disagree.  I made a few modifications of my own, and I have to say, it’s pretty motivating:

muffin top

Don’t let the refined sugars get you down! Be happy, be fit, and be healthy!

Happy Juicing!

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s